After a record number of investments in 2017 and a huge growth year for Talis’ portfolio, the team is looking to bring on board a new Associate. As Talis continues to increase its AUM and number of investments in its portfolio, the team now needs additional resource to help execute new investments and manage the portfolio.
Talis Capital is an early-stage VC (Series A & B focus) that supports industry-changing and leading technology companies. Talis’ portfolio includes some of the most exciting European start-ups such as Darktrace (led Series A), Onfido (Series B & C), iwoca (sole Seed) and Pirate Studios (incubated, sole Seed & Series A) - as well as sort-after early-stage companies including Luminance and Price f/x. Talis closed over $400m of deals since 2009 and mostly leads 5-10 new investments per year, on top of number of follow-ons from their existing 40+ growing portfolio.
The Talis team identifies and invests in both technology and tech-leveraged real businesses and has a unique perspective from its hybrid approach to private equity & venture capital. Talis only supports sustainable business models with high calibre founding teams and has a sharp focus on a handful of B2B themes (including AI leveraged cyber security, financial services, insurance-tech, prop-tech and IoT).
At Talis we also incubate / build own companies. Pirate Studios, Skwire & Learning People are just some of them and the Associate will have hands on entrepreneurial experience building these or new companies.
We are looking for a talented individual to join Talis where you will; gain great exposure to the European and US tech ecosystem, meet exiting new start-ups, track some of the fastest growing tech companies and work side-by-side with the Partners to find new opportunities and execute on them from origination to close.
- Take a leading role in investing and managing venture investments (typical investments range from £1-10m from Series A-B
- Responsible for identifying investment opportunities, preparing investment recommendations, taking meetings, undertaking extensive due diligence and financial modelling
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow, from own initiative sourcing to initial evaluation of potential investments to assisting with deal execution and closing.
- Provide detailed company and sector research and analysis.
- Monitor post-investment activities such as keeping up-to-date on portfolio performance
- Board representations experience
- Conduct research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising
- Graduated from a top tier university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant industry (Investment Banking, Investment Consulting, M&A/Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Venture Capital).
- Solid financial and business modelling skills
- Great presentational skills
- A self-starter.
- Good transactional experience.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & in a start-up environment.
- Keen interest in technology and start-ups.
- You will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team, friendly and non-hierarchical.
- You will get a chance to interact with the most exciting technology entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be at the forefront of tech innovation
- You will get a chance to attend technology conferences and start-up networking events
- Free personal trainer team sessions 3x a week at midday
- Team offsites 2x a year (latest were ski trip in Megeve chalet and villa in Ibiza)
- Market competitive salary and bonus.
- Fast track carry opportunity for the right candidates.
Apply for the job by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org